This service is available to individuals, including separated/divorced parents, who wish to improve some aspect of an important relationship by increasing their own awareness and skill levels. Key relationships that receive the most attention are parent-child, couples, and separated or divorced parents who need to imporove their communication and decision-making abilities for the sake of their child(ren).
Please see a more detailed description of coaching and its benefits below.
Two payment options are possible:
1. PURCHASE ONE HOUR OF COACHING
Just click on Buy Now to purchase one hour of relationship coaching time with Chuck Adam, MSW. This will take you to a Payloadz page where you can pay for one hour of coaching via Paypal OR your own credit card.
PLEASE NOTE: If clicking on Buy Now
does not work the first time, close out the page it took you to and try it again. It should work the second time.
2. PURCHASE MORE THAN ONE HOUR OF COACHING
Click on the Buy Now button to purchase more than one hour of relationship coaching time at the specified price. This will take you to a Payloadz page where, at “Item Price,” you can enter a $ amount for coaching via Paypal OR your own credit card.
Benefits of coaching include:
- Support and encouragement for stressed parents or partners;
- Impoved interpersonal communication and trust,
- Clearer rules based on agreements,
- Clearer understanding by all parties of the limits to acceptable behaviors,
- Stronger commitments to live up to agreements about acceptable behaviors,
- Greater cooperation from children and partners with less anger and defiance,
- More parent consistency with more effective disipline techniques,
- Better understanding one’s own and the other person’s problems,
- Increased options for handling interpersonal conflict,
- Less friction, fighting, and arguing,
- More harmony and cooperation between parents and kids, and between partners.
- More “quality time” spent together,
- More appreciation of the positive contributions each person makes to the family,
- More easy-going attitudes in the family.
- Reduced stress for all in the family
Coaching can help you be the best partner or parent that you can be
Knowing how to be a really good parent does not always come easily or naturally, especially if any of the following is true for you.
- You were raised by parents who were very controlling or very permissive;
- Your child is very strong-willed, hyper, uncooperative, resistive, defiant, violent, or depressed;
- Your partner or your “ex” criticizes, argues, or bad-mouths you;
- Your own parents spoil your kids or interfere with your parenting;
- Your child acts out at school and the teacher wants you to put a stop to it;
- You are exhausted, out of ideas, and have found that “nothing works with your partner or your child.”
If you have run out of ideas about how to improve your very important relationship and maintain your own sanity, coaching might be for you.
Coaching is not therapy. It is an educational process in which parents and partners learn new skills that will help their child or partner relationship and bring more harmony into it. In my coaching and my class I teach ten specific relationship skills that are critical to any caring relationship.
Coaching addresses specific situations and issues that are identified by you, the client, in a setting of complete privacy and confidentiality. As coach, I honor the your personal and cultural values and help you build on your own personal strengths and insights. As coach, I listen, support, and empathize with you while helping you develop “hypotheses” about the unacceptable behavior you are confronted with that can be tested, and I help you see how you are contributing to the relationship problems. I provide new ideas about parenting and adult relationships, as well as techniques that you can use immediately, and that quickly become skills. Of course, you are free to adopt, experiment with, modify, or reject those ideas and techniques.
I work as a relationship coach either at my office in Wauwatosa Wisconsin, or over the phone, depending on distance and the client’s preference. Confidentiality is always maintained.
Since coaching is not a mental health profession, it is not covered by insurance, but my rates are very reasonable. My introductory session on the phone is free, and I use it to determine if the caller and I think coaching would appropriately address his or her needs. The caller also uses that session to get a feel for me and my style, and to determine if she or he thinks we would be a good “fit.”
Many of my ideas are posted on this website. While most of the writing refers to parents an children, the ideas presented are applicable to ALL relationships–bar none. Feel free to read and experiment with them. If you are interested in getting more detail, or want help in applying the concepts that I present to your specific situation, give me a call. It never hurts to explore possibilities. And it just might be a turning point for you and that important other person.
Chuck Adam, MSW