ABOUT CHUCK ADAM
- Psychotherapist, 1971-2003
- Parent educator and parent coach, 2004 – present
- Executive Director of a community project Action for Milwaukee Goals 2000, 1983-85
- Academic specialist, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee’s Center for Urban Community Development, organizing and conducting classes on higher consciousness,1985-1989
- Director of the Youth Recovery Project in Milwaukee, 1990-95
- Author, “3 Steps to Parent-Child Harmony” (downloadable from this site)
My first big life learning:
- It’s impossible for one person to control another, but
- Parents spend infinite effort trying to do the impossible, and
- This Old School approach creates pain.
My second big life learning:
- Parental power and control is unnecessary,
- When Old School parenting isn’t working too well,
- New School parenting is worth a try.
My third big life learning:
- Parents are the shapers of the next generations,
- The next generations are the shapers of the future,
- A kinder, gentler, more loving approach creates harmony.
This website tells what I’ve learned about creating parent-child harmony.